Fortress Investment Group and Mubadala Capital, a subsidiary of Mubadala Investment Company, have completed the acquisition of SoftBank Group’s 90.01% equity stake in Fortress. As a result, Fortress management now owns 32% and retains control of the company’s board. A consortium led by Mubadala Capital holds the remaining 68%. The acquisition allows Fortress to continue operating independently and aims to enhance its leadership in the alternative investment sector, managing over $48 billion in assets. Financial and legal advisors for the transaction included Ardea Partners, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Goldman Sachs, Kirkland & Ellis, Skadden, and The Raine Group.

Private Equity, Investment Management, Legal Services,USA, UAE, Japan

https://www.fortress.com/media/2024-05-15-fortress-management-and-mubadala-complete-acquisition-of-fortress-investment-group